THE PLATFORM OF THE MANATEE SARASOTA REPUBLICAN ASSEMBLY
We gratefully acknowledge the blessing of Almighty God as the source of law and liberty. We ask for His guidance as we seek to restore American government to its moral and constitutional foundations.
Statement of Principles
1. We believe that man’s rights flow from the Creator and the rights of life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness are unalienable and cannot be legitimately granted or rescinded by men. We believe that America is an exceptional nation, founded on the Biblical and Anglo-Saxon common law principles of life, liberty, property rights, hard work, pursuit of happiness, and personal responsibility and accountability, and we further believe in the guiding force of moral law as expressed in the Holy Scriptures.
2. We believe that the U.S. Constitution and the Bill of Rights and enumerated powers should be interpreted literally as handed down by the Founding Fathers.
3. We believe that the preborn child, from conception to the end of natural life, is a human being possessing the same unalienable rights as all other people and entitled to the full protection of the law.
4. We understand that the concept of self-government begins with governing one’s self first, then family, church, community, state, and nation.
5. We believe in the free enterprise system as the best hope for men and women to fulfill their economic hopes and dreams. We know that the free market is the most efficient and the least costly system to deliver the highest quality goods and services at the lowest price to the consumer.
6. We believe in the rights of parents to a quality education for their children. We support parental choice to create competition among the schools and method of education. We must insure that no school or teachers’ union can compromise the education of our children or advance a particular political agenda at the expense of our future generation’s educations.
7. We believe that the federal tax system is abusive to the American people while discouraging investment and growth. We believe in growth-oriented tax policies which would gradually eliminate punitive income taxes and move our tax system toward that originally established by our Founding Fathers.
8. We believe in the unqualified right of our citizens to keep and bear arms and in the Second Amendment’s guarantee to individuals of that right.
9. We believe in the concept of victims’ rights over the rights of any criminal. We support a system of restitution as a deterrent to crime and recidivism.
10. We believe in self-government of nations and that our Government’s first concern is the protection of the natural rights of the American people and their sovereign right to rule themselves without deference to any foreign or international body.
11. We believe in the power of the individual over the power of the state. We believe that only small government truly serves the needs of the people.
12. We believe that to be prepared for war is the most effective means of preserving peace, and that it is through example and not force that we can best share with people everywhere the blessings of peace, freedom, and human rights.
We therefore present this platform to the people of Manatee and Sarasota Counties, Florida and the United States.